In this policy, “us”, “we” or “our” means The Marriage Alliance, an unincorporated association which is a coalition of various organisations as listed on this site (“Campaign Partners”). This site is owned and operated by the Victorian Gay & Lesbian Rights Lobby Inc (VGLRL), on behalf of The Marriage Alliance.
Collecting personal information
We only collect information about you when you supply it to us on a voluntary basis. The sort of personal information that we are likely to collect from you depends on the information that you provide to us, and may include such things as your name, email address, phone number, address, and credit card details. This information may also be used to inform you about campaigns. You can choose not to receive such information by using the relevant links in our communications to you, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Collecting other information
We automatically collect anonymous statistical information when you visit our site, including your server address, the type of internet browser you use, the date and time of your visit, the particular pages you accessed and any information you download. This information may be used by us (or third party contractors) in an anonymous aggregated form for statistical purposes so that we can monitor and improve the quality of the website. :
Using Personal Information
Unless you contact us to indicate otherwise, we will use your personal information to:
· contact you for any purpose related to information contained on the site;
· verify your identity, market products, services and special offers to you;
· assist you to subscribe to any newsletter or other promotions we offer or may in the future offer and to manage and administer those services;
· make changes to your profile;
· respond to any queries or feedback you may have;
· inform you of ways the information or services provided to you could be improved;
· research and develop our services; maintain and develop our business systems;
· and gain a better understanding of your information service requirements;
· for any other purpose for which you have provided it to us.
We will not use or disclose your personal information for a purpose other than that for which it was collected, unless such use or disclosure would be reasonably expected or you give us your consent.
Your responsibility when posting information
We suggest you use your discretion and exercise caution when sharing your story or posting your personal information on our site. When you post your personal information on our site, it becomes publicly accessible, and available to anyone with access to the internet.
This information can be collected and used by others. Therefore, we recommend that you do not post any personal information that you do not want seen in a public place. Ultimately, you are solely responsible for whatever information you post online.
Disclosing personal information to third parties
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
· To our Campaign Partners
· Where required for financial transactions (eg. to verify credit cards);
· When you petition a decision-maker through our site, your name, town and state will be forwarded to the decision-maker, but not your email or physical address;
· When you send an email through this site, for example to a member of Parliament, that email will come from you, not us, and hence will include the details you provide, often including your email address; or,
· As required by law, including disclosure to the Australian Electoral Commission.
Campaign Partners may access your personal information to contact you regarding the activities of the Marriage Alliance or activities related to the purpose for which you provided them to us.
Securing your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information you provide on secure servers provided by a third party.
Information relating to electronic transactions entered into via this website will be protected by encryption technology.
Links to third party websites
Our site may contain links to third party sites. These linked sites are not under our control. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of those sites and do not know whether cookies or other tracking devices are used on linked sites. We recommend that you review the privacy policies of each site you visit before disclosing your personal information.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
You may request access to, update or change personal information that we hold about you by contacting us in writing at email@example.com
Complaints about privacy
If you have any complaints relating to privacy issues on our site, please notify us in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org. Whilst we accept no liability for any material or links posted on our site, we will investigate all complaints.